BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
3434 N Broadway Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657-2516
Phone: 773/244-3434 | Fax: 773/244-3435 | 83 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 2:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, an intimate and charming hotel nestled in the bustling Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago. We are just steps from the vibrant nightlife, theatre, sidewalk cafés, upscale dining, lakefront biking and jogging. All of this and within minutes from celebrated Michigan Avenue by the use of scenic Lake Shore Drive. Combining the personal attention of a small hotel with the confidence you'll feel staying with a name you trust, each of the 83 tastefully-appointed rooms and junior suites include a complimentary full breakfast and newspaper. The hotel offers full business facilities with two-line phones in every room, a fitness center with sauna and whirlpool. Within walking distance of Wrigley Field, Home of The Chicago Cubs, you can also enjoy lakefront jogging, golf and tennis. A meticulous renovation and an accommodating staff make the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel a popular choice for seeing all the best Chicago has to offer.
Our prime location steps from Chicago's lakefront, you will enjoy unmatched access to the most exciting part of town. You can be in The Loop or on Michigan Avenue in just minutes. You can explore all the local sights and sounds right here in the neighborhood. Electrifying nightlife and restaurants abound, from ethnic cuisine to sidewalk bistros to fine dining. We're also in the heart of Chicago's renowned off-Broadway theatre district.
For sports fans, golf, tennis and jogging are nearby. We're the closest hotel to historic Wrigley Field, the home of the Chicago Cub's and the oldest, most charming ballpark in the country. Since the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel puts you in the center of everything, it's the only hotel to choose in Chicago. Also the most convenient for easy travel to O'Hare Airport, Midway Airport and downtown by train, bus or taxi.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary breakfast.
- 100% Smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Dry cleaning same day available
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., fitness center with whirlpool and dry sauna
- Safe deposit box, available at front desk, small articles only, no charge
- Ice/vending machines, 1st and 3rd floors
- Paid parking, nominal fee, convenient parking with in and out privileges
- Fax services
- Late check out, extra charges may apply
- Parking for the physically challenged, nominal fee plus tax
- Valet parking, nominal fee plus tax
- Garage parking, nominal fee plus tax
- Steam room, European dry sauna
- Hot tub, theraputic whirlpool is available in our fitness center
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge available through the hotel front desk
- Multilingual staff, Spanish
- Porterage/bell services
- Cable or satellite television, extensive cable service including HBO®
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Printer and PC available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Notary public
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Outdoor patio terrace
- Complimentary USA Today
- Theraputic whirlpool
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus hawthorne terrace hotel in Chicago.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus hawthorne terrace hotel in Chicago, Illinois is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 41.944095 / Latitude: -87.645145
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Lake Shore Drive. Exit Belmont Avenue (west), proceed on Belmont Avenue .5 miles to Broadway Avenue and turn right (north), take Broadway Avenue .5 miles to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel on the left.
From: Interstate 90/94. Exit Addison Street (east), proceed on Addison Street four miles to Broadway Avenue, turn right (south) onto Broadway Avenue and proceed .25 miles BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Get ready for a good time in Chicago. Over Labor Day weekend, make your way to downtown's historic Chicago Loop, for the Chicago Jazz Festival. This four-day, free jazz music festival is held in the Petrillo Music Shell in Grant Park. The festival was established in the late 70s, by consolidating three separate August festivals into one large festival. Attend this wonderful festival to hear performances by local musicians, top musicians from around the world and musicians from the Jazz Institute of Chicago.
Past performers include, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Roy Haynes, BB King, Dizzy Gillespie and Count Basie. Many performers continue late-night performances, after the festival is over. No matter what time is bedtime, make your way to a Best Western hotel, for a comfortable night's rest.
Chicago area travelers looking for convenient air travel options and services are in luck. Chicago O'Hare International Airport, located northwest of downtown Chicago, is one of the top ten busiest airports in the world. During World War II, the airport was a manufacturing plant for Douglas C-54s. After the war, the C-54 manufacturing plant became a Air Force Reserve and United States Air Force Air National Guard facility. From the early 1930s until the early 1950s, Chicago Midway International Airport was the main airport for Chicago area residents and visitors. Once Midway International became too crowded, O'Hare was developed as the main airport for the Windy City.
Passengers looking for commercial flights have a choice of more than 35 airlines from the airport's 182 gates, spread out in four terminals. American Airlines and United Airlines have hubs at O'Hare, with 45% of the airport passengers using United Airlines. The airport also offers flights to over sixty international destinations from Terminal Five, the international terminal. The airport is consistently voted the "Best Airport in North America" by Business Traveler Magazine and Global Traveler Magazine. Whether arriving to or departing from Chicago, stay close to the airport in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
The Chicago Theatre, built in 1921, was originally named the Balaban and Katz Chicago Theatre. The marquee outside of this flagship theatre, represents the unofficial symbol for the city of Chicago. In 1983, this Chicago Landmark was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The theatre was one of the first in the country to be built in the Neo-Baroque French-Revival style and remains the oldest of its kind in Chicago.
Throughout the years, the theatre has hosted premiere films, plays, concerts, speeches and magic shows. Step inside this beautiful seven-story building, to see the five-story grand lobby decorated in a French Baroque style, the grand staircase and crystal chandeliers. Enjoy standing on the stage during the Marquee Tour and learn of its rich history. Choose one of the area Best Western hotels for a wonderful night's rest and enjoy your time in the Windy City.
Historic Chicago Water Tower
The Lake Michigan shoreline in northern Illinois, is home to the Windy City of Chicago. Whether flying into Chicago O'Hare International Airport or Chicago Midway International Airport, arrive in Chicago ready to enjoy a theater production, eat delicious food, shop and see the city landmarks. Make your way to downtown's Michigan Avenue, to view the historical Chicago Water Tower.
This 154-foot limestone tower, built in 1869, housed a 138-foot standpipe for holding water used for firefighting. It worked in conjunction with the Chicago Avenue Pumping Station, to pump fresh water from Lake Michigan for the city's use.
This beautiful city landmark resembling a castle, is one of a few historical buildings that survived the Great Chicago Fire in 1871. In 1969, it was designated the first American Water Landmark. While on the Magnificent Mile in the city's Near North Side community, stop by the visitor information center in the tower to learn more about its rich history. While there, spend a few minutes browsing the photographs in the City Gallery, housed in the tower.
A top private school in Chicago, DePaul University was established in 1898, and is split into two main campuses – the Loop campus and the Lincoln Park campus. The campuses are less than five miles apart – the Lincoln Park Campus features more of the liberal arts colleges, while the Loop Campus is home to the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, and the law school. Explore the Chicago area and be sure to pay a visit to DePaul University.
Once on or near campus, don't miss out highlights like the Richardson Library on the Lincoln Park campus, and the Richard M. and Maggie C. Daley Building on the Loop campus. Your Chicago visit should be met with sports, as the DePaul University Blue Demons thrill fans, especially in basketball. Visit the Allstate Arena for men's basketball games, or check out the Sullivan Athletic Center for Blue Demons women's basketball games.
Recreational areas in the lively city of Chicago were established as early as 1844, a few years after the city was founded. A large park along the shore of Lake Michigan, originally known as Lake Park, became Grant Park in 1901, honoring former United States President Ulysses S. Grant. This 319 acre downtown park, located in the historic Chicago Loop area, is sometimes referred to as "Chicago's front yard".
Throughout the years, Grant Park has been the site for many city events including the 1911 Chicago International Aviation Meet, Taste of Chicago, Grant Park Music Festival, Lollapalooza and the start and finish line for the Chicago Marathon. Features of this incredible park include Buckingham Fountain, Chicago's Museum Campus, Petrillo Music Shell, Congress Plaza, Millennium Park, the Art Institute of Chicago, Daley Bicentennial Plaza, Hutchinson Field and several gardens. After a fun day at the park, choose one of the Chicago area Best Western hotels, for a wonderful night's rest.
The Lincoln Park Zoo is located near the shores of Lake Michigan in a lush natural park, minutes from downtown Chicago. Founded in 1868, the zoo is one of the oldest zoos in America. Spend a wonderful day exploring over 1,200 animals including polar bears, gorillas, monkeys, penguins, reptiles, sea lions, tigers and lions. The Carousel and Children's Train Ride are also fun rides for little ones.
Stop by the Wild Things! Gift Shop to shop for toys, books, clothing, jewelry and hand-made items. Open daily and free-of-charge, a visit to the zoo is fun for all Chicago visitors. You'll find comfortable accommodations with Best Western hotels throughout the Chicago area.
Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier
While in Chi-Town, be sure to include a visit to one of the historical landmarks in the city. The Chicago Navy Pier along the Lake Michigan shore, remains the top tourist attraction in the city. The 3,300-foot pier, originally named Municipal Pier #2, was built in 1916 to provide space for lake freighter cargo. In addition to the passenger steamers that docked along the pier, it was used as a place for the public to gather and for Navy training during World War II.
After a major renovation in the early 90s, Navy Pier grew to be the most visited attraction in the city of Chicago. The pier is home to shops, restaurants, a concert stage, convention space, a Ferris Wheel, the Chicago Children's Museum, the Chicago Shakespeare Theater, the Amazing Chicago's Funhouse Maze and the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows.
Schedule plenty of time to explore it all. Stay close to the pier in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy wonderful night's rest.
Foodies in the vibrant city of Chicago love a fun event centered around food. The Taste of Chicago features fun, food, music and entertainment, in historic Grant Park along the Lake Michigan shoreline. From the humble beginnings in 1980, the festival has grown in popularity becoming the "world's largest food festival" and the largest festival in Chicago. This five-day festival, held each July, definitely doesn't disappoint for the millions of people attending.
Schedule plenty of time to taste a variety of Chicago-style food, ethnic foods and regional foods from numerous participating restaurants. Some of the favorite foods include, Chicago-style pizza, Maxwell Street Polish Sausage, Chicago hot dogs, Eli's Cheesecake, barbecued ribs and Italian Beef. After satisfying your appetite, check into one of the local Best Western hotels, for a peaceful night's rest.
The Art Institute of Chicago first opened in 1879 on the corner of State and Monroe Streets, with a simple mission of exhibiting a variety of art and educating students. The museum was built in its current location in 1893 from the rubble of the 1871 Chicago fire. The museum houses fifteen collections, including Textiles, Photography, Contemporary, Modern and European Decorative Arts. The Touch Gallery encourages visitors to feel the art to enrich their experience and appreciation of art.
Spend a few days exploring the many attractions, shopping, dining and recreation in Chicago. Best Western hotels offer comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services at several locations throughout Chicago. Make the most of your time in this exciting city.
One of the state's private research schools, the University of Chicago is just inland of Lake Michigan, a block west of Jackson Park, and a top destination for prospective students in the Chicago area. Established in 1890, U of C educated an average of 15,000 students overall on a yearly basis based on enrollment numbers. Travel into Chicago and plan a visit to the U of C.
Don't miss out on the Mitchell Tower, modeled after the Magdalen Tower at the University of Oxford. Rockefeller Chapel, built in 1928, is another of the top campus attractions, along with the Gerald Ratner Athletics Center, home to the U of C Maroons athletics teams – check out volleyball, swimming, basketball, and wrestling.
Willis Tower, formerly known as the Sears Tower, stands at an impressive 1,451 feet high. From 1973 to 1998, it was the tallest building in the world. At 108 stories high, it remains the tallest building in America. The building, located on the Chicago Loop, was the headquarters for Sears, Roebuck and Co. from 1973 until 1992. While in the Chicago area, be sure to visit this iconic landmark.
Enjoy a quick 60-second ride to the 103rd floor, for an incredible view of the city from the 1,353-foot-high Skydeck. Each year, more than one million tourists visit the Skydeck. The glass bottom skyboxes allow visitors to look through the floor to the city below. Recharge for another fun day in the Windy City, in the comfortable accommodations of Best Western hotels.
Embrace the winter and have fun at Chicago's top attraction. Make your way to the Chicago Navy Pier for the Winter WonderFest at Navy Pier. This month-long December event offers plenty to do for the entire family. Lace up your ice skates for fun at the Chicago Blackhawks Indoor Ice Skating Rink, ride the fast-paced Himalaya or check out the action in the Glacier Run Simulator. Festival-goers love the Winter Wing Glider, Tinsel Tunnels, Arctic Wonder Obstacle Course, Gumball Bouncer, Matterhorn Climb and Slide, Slippery Snowflake Slide and the Holiday Howdy Horse.
Those ready for a challenge have fun on the Extreme Ice Trail Ropes Course and Snowy Summit Climbing Wall. Little ones have a blast on the Ferris Wheel, Kringle Carousel and the Reindeer Express Train Ride. With a variety of live entertainment, WonderFest characters and the New Year's Eve Fireworks show, be sure to stay in town for a few days to do it all. Check into one of the nearby Best Western hotels, for comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
Wrigley Field has been the home field for the Major League Baseball Chicago Cubs baseball team, since 1916. The field was built in 1914 and is the second-oldest ballpark in America. Over 41,000 fans pack the stadium to watch the Chicago Cubs play their opponents. The field was originally named Weeghman Park for the Chicago Whales. This was before being renamed Wrigley Field for the chewing gum magnate William Wrigley, Jr., the owner of the team.
While in the Chicago area, visit the ballpark for a guided tour to learn more about its rich history and beginnings. The ballpark, nicknamed, "The Friendly Confines", also offers educational tours for kids. Baseball fans can partake in a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the stadium to better understand its 97 year history. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the beautiful ivy-colored outfield walls. Stay close to the action at the ballpark in a comfortable Best Western guest room for to enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.40 mile(s) from Wrigley Field, baseball stadium - home of the Chicago Cubs, closest hotel to Wrigley Field
- 0.40 mile(s) from Lake Michigan
- 0.40 mile(s) from Belmont Harbor
- 0.40 mile(s) from Briar Street Theatre, Blue Man Group
- 0.60 mile(s) from The Vic Theater, historic theater converted into a concert venue, Brew and View on selected dates, lounge style alcoholic beverage served
- 0.60 mile(s) from Metro, famous small concert venue that attracts names big and small
- 1.00 mile(s) from Music Box Theater, Chicago, art, independent and classics
- 1.00 mile(s) from Landmark Century Center, independent and art films and shopping mall
- 1.25 mile(s) from Lincoln Park Zoo, one of the last free zoos in the country
- 1.50 mile(s) from Aragon Ballroom, historic concert venue
- 1.50 mile(s) from The Riviera, historic theater converted into a concert venue
- 1.50 mile(s) from The Green Mill, northside jazz club, famous for 25 years
- 1.50 mile(s) from Montrose Harbor, boat rentals and closest beach to the property
- 1.50 mile(s) from Depaul University, Chicago
- 2.00 mile(s) from Second City, World Famous Improv Comedy Theater
- 2.00 mile(s) from Park West, small concert venue
- 3.00 mile(s) from Water Tower Place, historic landmark
- 3.00 mile(s) from Navy Pier, entertainment, shopping, dining complex, Shakespeare theater, dinner cruises
- 3.00 mile(s) from North Avenue Beach, bicycle and skate rentals, serveral restaurants, and local attractions compliment the busy beach scene
- 3.00 mile(s) from John Hancock Observatory, historic landmark
- 5.00 mile(s) from Willis Tower (Sears Tower), historic landmark
- 5.00 mile(s) from Soldier Field, Home of the Chicago Bears of the National Football League
- 5.00 mile(s) from Loyola University, main campus
- 7.00 mile(s) from McCormick Place, convention center
- 30.00 mile(s) from Great Lakes Naval Base, historic landmark
- 1 mile(s) from Century Mall
- 3 mile(s) from Magnificent Mile, shopping area on Michigan Avenue
- 3 mile(s) from Merchandise Mart
- 3 mile(s) from Navy Pier, entertainment, shopping, dining complex
- 3.5 mile(s) from "Loop", financial, business and shopping district
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 7 mile(s) from Evanston
- 8 mile(s) from Skokie
- 10 mile(s) from Rosemont
- 10 mile(s) from Elmwood Park
- 12 mile(s) from Oak Park
- 12 mile(s) from Wilmette
- 14 mile(s) from Des Plaines
- 14 mile(s) from Cicero
- 20 mile(s) from Oak Brook
- 20 mile(s) from Schaumberg
- 20 mile(s) from Elmhurst
- 22 mile(s) from Northbrook
- 23 mile(s) from Highland Park
- 25 mile(s) from Lake Forest
- 25 mile(s) from Downers Grove
- 30 mile(s) from Naperville
- 35 mile(s) from Joliet
- 0.1 mile(s) from Lakeshore Theater, Comedy Club
- 0.15 mile(s) from Center on Halsted, meeting location
- 0.75 mile(s) from Illinois Masonic Hospital
- 0.75 mile(s) from Thorek Hospital
- 1 mile(s) from St. Joseph's Hospital
- 1.5 mile(s) from Children's Memorial Hospital
- 3 mile(s) from Northwestern Hospital
- 3 mile(s) from Lakeside Center, convention location, located at Navy Pier
- 3.5 mile(s) from Kindred Health Care, close to Lakshore, Central Hospital, & Chicago (North Campus) locations
- 4 mile(s) from Swedish Covenant Hospital
- 10 mile(s) from Donald E. Stephens Conven, located in Rosemont
- 1.5 mile(s) from DePaul University, Lincoln Park Campus, Chicago
- 3.5 mile(s) from Art Institute
- 3.75 mile(s) from Loyola University, Lakeshore Campus, Chicago
- 5.5 mile(s) from Columbia College
- 5.5 mile(s) from Northeastern IL University
- 7 mile(s) from Pivot Point International, Evanston Branch, hairdressing school
- 8 mile(s) from Northwestern University, Evanston, main campus
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.5 mile(s) from Lincoln Park, tennis courts
- 2 mile(s) from Montrose Beach
- 2 mile(s) from North Avenue Beach
- 3 mile(s) from Hollywood Beach
- Adjacent to Kanok, Bar/Lounge, Pacific Rim, Open for: dinner, kanokonline.com
- Across the street from Ann Sather's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, Swedish www.annsather.com
- Across the street from Starbucks®, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Rocks, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, www.rocksbargroup.com
- Across the street from Revolucion, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: dinner,
- 0.20 mile(s) from Angelina's, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: dinner, 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., intimate, excellent wine list www.angelinaristorante.com
- 0.20 mile(s) from Chicago Diner, Bar/Lounge, Vegetarian, Open for: lunch, dinner, Vegan, famous vegan restaurant
- 0.20 mile(s) from Melrose Diner, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, voted best diner in Chicago
- 0.20 mile(s) from Wakamono Sushi Bar, Bar/Lounge, Japanese, Open for: dinner, www.wakamonosushi.com
- 0.20 mile(s) from Ping Pong, Bar/Lounge, Thai, Open for: dinner, www.pingpongrestaurant.com
- 0.25 mile(s) from Wilde Bar & Restaurant, Full Service, International, Open for: lunch, dinner, www.wildechicago.com Irish cuisine
- 0.25 mile(s) from Socca, Full Service, Italian, Open for: dinner, www.soccachicago.com
- 0.30 mile(s) from Yoshi's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, French/Asian cuisine www.yoshiscafe.com
- 0.30 mile(s) from Mia Francesca, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: dinner, Italian, trendy, upscale www.miafrancesca.com
- 0.30 mile(s) from Joy's Noodles, Bar/Lounge, Thai, Open for: lunch, dinner, www.joysnoodlesandrice.com
- 0.50 mile(s) from Chilam Bilam, Bar/Lounge, Mexican, Open for: dinner, www.chilambalamchicago.com
- 1.00 mile(s) from Select Cut, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, Steak House, good wine selection www.selectcut.com
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Chicago. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Chicago Farmers Markets Neighborhoods throughout the city host markets offering fresh food and flowers. Times vary.
Chicago International Movies and Music Festival Enjoy international film premieres, concerts, and exhibits as people all over Chicago celebrate the connection between film and scores. Times and venues vary.
Lewis Black Watch Lewis Black live on stage at the Chicago Theatre. The show starts at 8 p.m.
Cinco De Mayo Festival Enjoy authentic food, arts, and live music in the Little Village neighborhood of Chicago. Times vary.
Chicago Kids and Kites Festival Celebrate spring by flying kites at Montrose Harbor. The high-flying good times begin at 10 a.m.
Chicago Humanities Festival: Stages, Sights, and Sounds This festival takes place a several different venues and offers something for everyone. Event times vary.
Mayfest Get ready for summer with German food, shopping, and brews at Lincoln and Leland Ave. Event times vary.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean